Monday, September 3, 2012

Geographic Imagination

It's been a while since we used this blog.  I think I'll start a new direction.

On the Geography Dept. eval, which I much planned to write and didn't, I was going to note that sites like this don't seem to be used much.  Of course, it's a small department, and perhaps everyone but me has plenty of "geographic conversation"--I am racing back and forth too much.

I have all sorts of ideas that I don't have time or the tools/training to jump in and complete in my few free weekend hours.  For me, unraveling those ideas is a way to learn.  Not scholarship, but a training in geographic imagination--that talent to stretch our world and possibilities.  I do this by myself in my journal, but that doesn't lead to any conversation, no testing ground (which is why friends keep telling me to leave the midwest and go live in some big bustling urban world).

So...I'll sketch out a few of my wild flights of fancy.



bob

No comments:

Post a Comment